Cool Facts About Chocolate
Chocolate is particularly popular at certain times of the year, such as Easter, Valentines Day and Christmas.
Here are 10 cool facts about chocolate to know if you are about to prepare your gifts:
1. Chocolate is lower in caffeine than tea, coffee and coca cola. A one ounce bar of chocolate contains about 6mg of caffeine, whereas a five ounce cup of regular coffee contains over 40mg.
2. Chocolate was regarded as an aphrodisiac by Aztec Indians.
3. Chocolate contains antioxidants which may help prevent cancer and heart disease.
4. Chocolate is the favourite flavour in the United States Of America.
5. The shelf life of a bar of chocolate is approximately one year.
6. In 1842 Cadbury's in England created the worlds first chocolate bar.
7. The Swiss eat the most chocolate. The average person eats 19lbs a year.
8. Chocolate contain theobromine, which is a mild relative of caffeine and magnesium. This chemical is found in some tranquilisers. Because coffee also contains caffeine, it both picks you up and calms you down.
9. It is widely believed that chocolate consumption releases a chemical into your body very similar to what is produced when you are in love.
10. Chocolate manufacturers use 20% of the worlds peanuts and 40% of the worlds almonds.
for Chocolate University Online!
Return from Cool Facts About Chocolate to Healthy Chocolate