Solgar's Acai Extract is native to the rainforests of Brazil, and contains natural flavonoids and antioxidants to contribute to your overall well-being. The acai (pronounced Ah-Sa-E) palm tree, Euterpe oleracea, is found in Central and South America and is most plentiful in Brazil, particularly in the flood plains of the Amazon.
For centuries, acai, which translates to:
• fruit that cries, has been included in the diets of the Amazon's native peoples. Recent studies have shown that acai fruit possesses naturally high concentrations of antioxidants known as polyphenols, including anthocyanins, proanthocyanidins, and other flavonoids. Anthocyanins are a group of phytochemical pigments that give deep color to fruits and vegetables, including the dark-purple or reddish-purple acai berry, and are naturally high in antioxidant value.
• fights free radicals
• natural source of polyphenol
Antioxidants help our bodies fight free radicals, which cause oxidative stress when present in excess. Oxidative stress negatively impacts many aspects of health, including the immune system, cardiovascular health, and aging. Studies indicate that acai's antioxidant properties protect against oxidative stress. Research also suggests that these attributes of polyphenols may help support vascular health.
Solgar Acai Extract Softgels Facts:
• A high-quality acai berry formula that is a natural source of anthocyanins, flavonoids,and polyphenolic antioxidant compounds
• Offers 50 mg of acai extract (Euterpe oleracea) in a 20:1 extract that is equivalent to 1000 mg of crude herb per daily serving
• A convenient dosage (2 softgels daily)
• Sugar and salt free
• Free of yeast, wheat, gluten, and dairy products
• Formulated without the use of artificial preservatives or flavors
Solgar's Commitment to Excellence
Solgar has been innovating and producing fine quality nutritional supplements since 1947. Solgar's ongoing mission is to provide consumers with top-quality, innovative, science-based nutritional supplements to enhance their total health and well-being. Solgar is committed to exclusively distributing our products in the natural products industry where knowledgeable retailers worldwide can guide consumers through the vast array of choices.
Soybean Oil, Gelatin, Vegetable Glycerin, Yellow Beeswax, Caramel Color, Soy Lecithin, Silica
Directions of use:
As a dietary supplement for adults, take two (2) softgels daily, preferably at mealtimes, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Return from Acai Extract to Acai Berry Information